View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssakristenx3 View Post
when i said two pounds i meant when i got her i wanted her to be that big . yes i do want a small yorkie but no so small that i have to be super worried that if she gets stepped on she will break something . i want her to grow to be at least 4 to five pounds six isnt bad either. i have read the smaller the dog is the more likely it will have some health problems.

i had two dogs while living with my parents and i understand the training even though it is hard it must be done .
Oh good, a two pound weight at 12 weeks is approximately 4-5 pounds full grown, an estimate is to double the 12 week weight and triple the 8 week weight. I would also recommend a breeder who insists on keeping the dogs a minimum of 12 weeks, some will sell them younger, and even some say that they are older to mislead you on the full grown weight. It's really important for the toy breeds to stay with the mother and littermates for 12 weeks; they don't mature as fast as the larger breeds. Here's an article on why it's important for toy breeds to stay with mom for 12 weeks: Why do Maltese puppies need to be 12 weeks old before going to a new home??

Join today and remove this ad!