View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
alyssakristenx3
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Hi, welcome to Yorkietalk, I hope you don't mean you want a full-grown 2-pound dog, that's really small, and is likely to have many health problems. You have to take many more precautions with smaller dogs, and even at 5 pounds it's important to teach them never to jump from furniture. Yorkies are fearless, and stubborn, they are not just cute little toys, and training them is just as important as it is for bigger dogs. Many people recommend a full grown size of 4 pounds to limit the health concerns, smaller yorkies have a very high predominance with knee problems (Luxating patella) and dental problems, their teeth don't fit their mouths, and they often lose teeth before the age of three. I too recommend the YTCA breeders referral, and talking with a truly experienced breeder who loves the breed will ensure you that the Yorkie is a good fit for you. Here's a small good information from the YTCA website.

Here's a link to YTCA breeder referrals. Yorkshire Terrier Club of America About The Club
no no of corse not , i want it to be full grown like 4 to five pounds just cause i want a small dog . i wouldnt mind if it was a little bigger . i have done alot of research on the breed and i am prepared . well i think i am .
i am dedicated to trian it . i understand it can be difficult but i am kinda excited . i will continue to research other health problems . i read that the smaller the dog the more likely it may have health problems =[
alyssakristenx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!