View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
alyssakristenx3
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Hi, welcome to Yorkietalk, I hope you don't mean you want a full-grown 2-pound dog, that's really small, and is likely to have many health problems. You have to take many more precautions with smaller dogs, and even at 5 pounds it's important to teach them never to jump from furniture. Yorkies are fearless, and stubborn, they are not just cute little toys, and training them is just as important as it is for bigger dogs. Many people recommend a full grown size of 4 pounds to limit the health concerns, smaller yorkies have a very high predominance with knee problems (Luxating patella) and dental problems, their teeth don't fit their mouths, and they often lose teeth before the age of three. I too recommend the YTCA breeders referral, and talking with a truly experienced breeder who loves the breed will ensure you that the Yorkie is a good fit for you. Here's a small good information from the YTCA website.

Here's a link to YTCA breeder referrals. Yorkshire Terrier Club of America About The Club
when i said two pounds i meant when i got her i wanted her to be that big . yes i do want a small yorkie but no so small that i have to be super worried that if she gets stepped on she will break something . i want her to grow to be at least 4 to five pounds six isnt bad either. i have read the smaller the dog is the more likely it will have some health problems.

i had two dogs while living with my parents and i understand the training even though it is hard it must be done .
alyssakristenx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!