View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssakristenx3 View Post
thank you so much for writing back . yeah i kinda do know what kind of yorkie i want . i want a tiny baby girl anywhere frm 2 to 4 pounds . and with nice fluffy hair black and tan . idk if that makes sense but yeah . i really hope i can find a nice breeder who's prices arent out this world. for almost six months i have been searching and ive found ppl with prices from 1,000 to 8,000 dollars . idk how much i should really pay =/
I would not recommend looking for a 2 lbs yorkie. I think a reasonable price for a nice small pet quality yorkie would be $1,000 to $1,500. If you take your time you should be able to find a reputable breeder that would sell one in that price range. It is possible to find one a little cheaper in different areas of the country. Just remember that the initial cost of the puppy is the beginning of a long commitment. If you select a reputable breeder then you are much less likely to end up with a pup full of health issues. Just remember that most all yorkie puppies are black and tan and they change color as they get older. It is not always easy to predict what color the pup will be when grown, even if both parents were the color you wanted.

Do you work or go to school? Buying a yorkie is a huge responsibility and requires a huge commitment but they are so rewarding.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!