View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
alyssakristenx3
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Welcome to Yorkie Talk! You have come to the right place to learn all about yorkies. You might start by checking out the breeders on the Yorkshire Terrier Club of Americans website. What area do you live in? Someone on here might live in your area or recommend someone close to you.

Please just take your time looking for the yorkie that would be perfect for you. Yorkies come in many different sizes from 2 lbs to 15 lbs or more. Some people love the bigger ones and some people like the little ones. Personally I feel that 5 to 7 lbs is the ideal size. The most important thing is for you to get a healthy pup. Look for a reputable breeder that has a good health guarantee. Your pup should be around 12 weeks old or older.

Yorkies also have different coat types. The silky coat is the most desirable. You should be able to see the parents in person or see pictures of them.

We will be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck.
thank you so much for writing back . yeah i kinda do know what kind of yorkie i want . i want a tiny baby girl anywhere frm 2 to 4 pounds . and with nice fluffy hair black and tan . idk if that makes sense but yeah . i really hope i can find a nice breeder who's prices arent out this world. for almost six months i have been searching and ive found ppl with prices from 1,000 to 8,000 dollars . idk how much i should really pay =/
alyssakristenx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!