Thread: possible shunt?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

IMO you should have them retake the test in a month or so. It's only slightly high. Unless the yorkie is having symptoms, I would not change the diet. If the yorkie is showing signs, change to k/d or lower protein.

I don't get the vet, they tell you all of this but not to change to k/d? Is this a puppy? I'd call the vet. Ask about her kibble. Just verify that it wasn't an oversight. Let them know she's being checked & remind them she's not on k.d at this time.
An ultra-sound is only as good as the person reading it. I would most certainly call around to get the best price if you are to get one in your area.

Just until you are believed safe, refrain from any optional meds. The dogs do not disapate them well and can be fatal. No anesthesia, benedryl etc. Some dogs with LS don't well, you know they don't wake up~~~ Avoid them and high protein foods and treats. Use cheerios or green beans for a treat. Sounds hogey, but they love it and you know it's safe for them. No sense in harming her if you do not know for sure. Is she vomiting much?
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!