Thread: Snow lover
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
OnegusMom
Yorkie Talker

Default Furbabies in the snow

I also worried about our Onegus being outside in the snow and cold. We live in N. Central WI so it can get pretty cold and deep here. We started with the normal coats you can buy at WalMart or pet stores. They didn't do much good, and boots won't stay on his feet because of his little "stick legs", goes out with 4 comes back with 1 or 2, lol. My solution was to find a doggie pattern for jammies with legs and make snowsuits for him. I made them slightly wider because I used double layers of outerwear fleece, extended the collars to cover his little ears, and added feet. He dives into snow banks, over them, under them and has no fear of the cold. The pattern was a very simple one and after the first one and the figuring the adjustments, they sew up pretty fast. He has 4 or 5 of them because they do get wet. We laugh about it being about as much fun as dressing a toddler to go out to play. We have to get bundled up first so he doesn't get overheated, then he gets dressed and we are ready to come in way before he is. We normally have to grab him up and carry him in.
OnegusMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!