View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #53
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Exclamation Update!

Hey guys...popping in for an update! Sorry that it took me a while...I had to go pick up a few things for Tatum and then had to come back home and cook dinner (and her's - I made her boiled chicken and rice) - because.....it WAS HER STOMACH. Not her knees! Which actually, for me this is GOOD news. I'd much rather it be something as simple as an upset tummy rather than something going horribly wrong with her knees!

Anyhow, I feel like the biggest idiot alive for NOT knowing that it was her stomach, or not thinking that it was anyway. About 30 minutes or so after I got off the phone with the surgeon (he was pretty much clueless ) Tatum started....having gas...lol....and her tummy started making a gurgling sound...and then, she had another awful diarrhea spell So, I knew right away that it HAD to be her tummy that was bothering her. Alot of you here were right and I feel like a BIG IDIOT for thinking this whole time that it was her knees! To me it just made sense because the weather is colder now, and she HAS been known to have flare up's with her arthritis when the weather is bad/cold. And she goes down on her front legs as well and sticks her butt up in the air and is restless. So to me, all signs pointed to her knees bothering her. I mean I thought it was a no brainer. BUT...when she started the gas thing, and her tummy started making gurgling sounds...I just KNEW right away what it was. And now I feel like a HORRIBLE mommy for not knowing this sooner....because all it took was a little Pepto Bismol....and now she's fine. Would you believe it! That's ALL she needed! Now she is barking at and chasing after the cat and is being herself again. It would help so much if these little ones could just talk and tell us, "Hey mom, TUMMY ISSUES! HELP PLEASE!"....lol. If only!

I am just kicking myself for not giving her the darn pepto sooner But I honestly just DIDN'T know. If her tummy would have been making the gurgling noise earlier, or if she would have had gas earlier....then I would have known right away. Ugh. I'm just glad that she's better! I will be sure to keep you guys posted should anything change. For now, I am going to just try and get her to rest. I will keep her on the boiled chicken and rice for a few days just to give her tummy a little rest. Her poor tummy needs it

Hugs to you all and thank you again so so so much for all of your help, tips and advice! As always, you're the best!

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!