View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
JennaK
YorkieTalk Newbie!

thanks for the welcome guys.

We live in the desert so our yard is dirt stickers and cactus so no outside potty for the pup. we've put up pads in the garage with empty kitty litter boxes lining the walls since he's a leg lifter. he doesn't have one spot he likes in the house. pretty much anything he can lift his leg on. dining room table and chair legs, coffee table, open doors, doorways, any chair or couch, this morning i discovered the recliner, curtians...it's just everywhere. i can't do the crate, some days that would be 10 hours. I've tried gates in the kitchen, he climbs over. when I take him out to the garage and tell him "go potty" he goes right to the pads and pees then runs to me for a treat. although I've caught him picking his leg halfway pretending that he peed and then wanting his treat. I've stayed out with him for up to 1.5 hours and the second we come back in the house he pees. when I catch him and tell him no he just looks at me an keeps going never even thinking about putting his leg down. I've used several enzyme cleaners and none of them make a difference to him. he doesn't seem to care if the spot is clean or if it has been peed on a thousand times. I've never really seen him sniff for a place before he goes. he just walks right up to something and lifts. it's extremly frustrating. I love him to death but I just don't know what to do anymore.
JennaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!