View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Gennies
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
I really have no expertise at all in this because our baby came potty trained just from watching her mother. However, I do have a suggestion. Of course, it's possible you have already tried it.

If there is a particular spot you can pinpoint as the place your pet loves to soil, I would put a pad there. It may look out of place but then you can move it a little each day until it eventually gets to the place you want.

I have no idea if this will work or not but it follows the theory of building on past learning and starting with something they know.

Good luck!

Almost forgot....welcome to Yorkie Talk!
Please, give us some more information on what type of training you are doing? Outside, potty pads, crate, x-pen?

Also, what do you clean the area that he's going potty at with? You need something to remove the enzymes that he's smelling and you aren't. Here's a link to one of many products Petsmart sales, but you can get it at most pet stores:

Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover - New Puppy Center - Dog - PetSmart

Even at a year old, you may have to go back to puppy type potty training. When I first got Bijou, Barley was jealous and started going pooh inside, I went back to crating him and after two weeks of that, he's back to being a good boy and going potty outside.

Welcome to YT!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!