View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
yorkienewbie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad not such a good news......

Yesterday i took Hailey to the vet to have her eyes examined.Ever since she was a puppy(she's now 3 years old) my hubby and I always had a feeling she couldn't see well.She bumps against walls,doors,things,people and also during playtime, she never sees toys we throw at her,even if they're right in front of her nose.So i decided to have her eyes checked again for the 2nd time(by another vet) since the previous time 2 years ago I was told her eyes were ok. At first, the vet said she seemed to respond to her fingers moving/flashlight test and then asked me to keep Hailey in the hospital for few hours so she could dilate her pupils and observe her more.Well,after all this was done, she called me and told me that Hailey has no vision in one of her eyes while the other is ok but not perfect.She said she could refer me to an ophthalmologist for a confirmation but there's no treatment for that,unfortunately.I think she called it "progressive retinal atrophy" although it was probably congenital for Hailey since we had already noticed vision problems in her puppy years. I've been pretty upset about it and i feel so sorry for my teddy bear. Is anyone out there dealing with the same situation?
yorkienewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!