View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
mblab
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I don't have any personal experience with Adderall. That said, I am a clinical social worker and had a lot of experience with patients' taking that and other medications.

The biggest thing I learned is that the same medication can affect different people in different ways. Also, while medications can cause adverse affects, your body does take some time to adjust to medications. Just because you're experiencing side effects DOES NOT MEAN you always will or that medication is not for you. Unfortunately sometimes it's best to give medications a chance (a few weeks to a few months, depending on the medication) and see then how it's affecting you.

Regardless, make sure to COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR DOCTOR! I've had more patients than I can count that didn't like how their meds were affecting them and just decided to adjust their dosage (either take less, take more, or stop taking any at all). DO NOT DO THAT! There are many medications that can really negatively affect you if you stop cold turkey, consult your doctor before making any changes. I always told my patients (and I'd tell friends the same) I didn't go to med school I don't have the knowledge or answers, neither do you. They're doctors for a reason.

I really hope you work everything out and find the right medicine for you! If there's anything I can do to help just let me know!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!