View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
silverbells
Yorkie Talker

Default His "Big Sister" left him...

This past summer we had to have (Muffin) our 14 year old (collie shepherd) put to sleep, since then, the very day my husband put her in the car and left, our 6 year old teacup Yorkie "Chilly" has been listless, over-eating, just laying in his bed looking out of his window, still happy to see us when we came home, but just not the same. I wanted to get another puppy right away, but everyone told me to give him some time to grieve her. I couldn't stand it any longer, about a week and 1/2 ago, after searching for her, I found another puppy! It was one of those things where as soon as I saw her picture I knew my search was over, but she was in Ohio & we're in Michigan 3 &1/2 hours away, Now I'm not one to travel for a dog, but like I said, I knew this was "her". She's a Black & Tan, with white paw's, and a white breast in front, just beautiful! Oh yeah (A Mini-Aussi-Shepherd), and she was the runt of an unexpected litter. I couldn't wait to get her for Chilly, I thought, finally he'll get some exercise, and be happy not to be alone all day while we work, And she would be just a bit smaller thna him, so he could be the big brother. Chilly is almost exactly the sams age Muffin was when we got him. Of course I have one of those husband's that think dog's cost around $10, so yes, I lied...she was really $575, and the lady was nice enough to write out an actual receipt stuck in with her papers & a fake one for $150. We went to get her, it will be 2 week's tomorrow since we've had her. Her name is "Holly" and Chilly seem's to HATE her! A couple of times out in the yard (wher HE feel's like it) they will run, jump, and chase eachother, it's only happened a few times though, did I do a bad thing? I would hate to have made him from sad to angry. It's usually inside the house when he's snippy & protecting his territory. I thought this would be a great thing, the vet said he had put on 2&1/2lbs. since Muffin Died & that was NOT healthy for a Tea-cup! The vet said give it time it sometimes takes awhile for them to adjust to eachother, he also said as she grows, it would get better. She's supposed to be about 13" and approx 17 - 20 lbs., right now she weighs about 3 lbs. Can anyone out there who bought a new puppy while having another for it to come home to help me? Is it too soon for me to expect bonding, all she does is jump all over him wanting to play, like a puppy! Can some help me with some personal stories of thier own...Please...! I've attached a Picture of Chilly w/ Muffin & Chilly & Holly, thank you for any answer's. Sherri
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muffy and Chilly Summer.jpg (129.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Holly-Chilly- Ernie 10-2009.jpg (35.1 KB, 76 views)
silverbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!