Thread: Tummy issues
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
BentleyB
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally173 View Post
Ava had an intestinal infection that's why i guess the greyish color ; also her belly was bloated; not anymore
i am a bit confused; u are concerned that bently has loose stool or diaherea; yet you are aware that pumpkin is a natural laxative. so if u stop the pumpkin wouldn't the stool return to normal i am just thinking out loud.; take care and have a nice weekend.
Pumpkin is a natural laxative, but it also has enzymes that help to regulate the bowel. It can be used for both, but most helpful is that it helps to clean out any unwanted "issues" within a human/animals intestinal system. Yogurt has almost the same effect; that's why I now have him off of pumpkin and now on plain yogurt.

I am still giving him the pedialyte since he still has loose stool and anytime that animals have loose stools for more than a day, it is smart to ensure that they receive proper electrolytes that will help with hydration. Water can and will always work, but potassium and electrolytes are key when having any intestinal issues -- for the reason provided.

I have just boiled chicken and plan to give it to him, with his rice, for dinner this evening. I am sure he will love it.

Melissa and Bentley
BentleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!