View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaB View Post
Thank you all for your replys. I do believe in the code of ethics by the YTCA. I'm glad that you are happy with the club. I have heard stories that not all clubs are as they show on the website. I'm glad that YTCA has happy members that are glad to be part of the club. I look forward to joining. I live in south Louisiana and after researching, it looks like Bluebonnet and the Houston Yorkie Clubs are the closest to me. Houston is about a 4 hr. drive. I will email the secretary to see what is involved and how many meetings I must attend to be an active member. I know that I would have to help with the local shows.
Good Luck to anyone showing this weekend!!!!!!!!

There is good in bad in every club.....however, as in everything else it's what you put into it. However, YTCA is the mother club.

Donna and I are both members of Bluebonnet. You may wonder why since I live in California. I moved here from Dallas, and Bluebonnet is my home club and always will be. Even from this great a distance I'm still very involved with Bluebonnet, and have handled the trophies for the last 5 years. Both of us know many people in the Houston Club. Being you're out of the area joining a regional club is not as involved, you are not required to attend so many meetings prior to being voted in. But, you will be somewhat checked out and will require sponsors. The one draw back being along distance member of a regional club is you do not have any voting power. A bit different with YTCA.

YTCA is a bit more involved, it is handled a bit different and somewhat requires you to be invited into the club. 2 Sponsers that have known you for a period of no less than 2 years with one having visited your home recently.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!