View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMax82 View Post
Thank you so much ladyjane! I will definetly try this. Right now I have them seperated. I am also thinking of taking away their toys too... for a few days. It is very scary to see them fight. Plus max is 6lbz brooklyn is 3 1/2. Do you know a good way to seperate them once they attack each other... Im scared of hurting them more if I pull too hard. I am determined to get this under control!
I grab mine by the scruff of their necks if I cannot pick them up easily. You can only do things as SOON as there is a problem...and the time out should not be too long. You will not hurt them pulling them apart...you might get nipped. If they are really using their teeth, you need to separate them so they do not hurt each other!

I would not take the toys away.....they need to learn! That way, if there is a scuffle over a toy and you immediately stop them and put them in a room where there is nothing to play with...hopefully they will catch on. It has never failed me yet. Sometimes it takes a few times..and you must be consistent.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!