View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
yorkienewb
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
I would not mix any kind of sweet juice over his food...it would be better if you used a good quality canned dog food instead. How old is he and how much is he eating? Puppies don't eat much.
I have tried several kinds of good quality dog food. He is sick currently, he has pneumonia and he was eating fine the first day or so I had him (I will have had him a week on Friday.)
He is not eating at all.
He has been to the vet, emergency hospital.
He is going to the vet again tomorrow.
They told me to try chicken and rice, baby food.
All which have no worked, or worked for one small feeding and then have not worked again.
I am getting concerned with the possibility of a liver shunt because of his weak state ( he has not being playing around like he once was ), and his vomitting. At first I thought he may have been vomiting/coughing up whiteish /clearish stuff because it was the pneumonia was breaking up with the new medicine but now I'm wondering if he is just really vomiting but since he has little/nothing in his stomach nothing is coming up.
I am having to try and supplement him w/ Nutri-Cal but I would really like to get him to eat something.
I have tried everything I could think of.

Maybe I am over-racting, being the overly nervous first time pup-mom, but I am seriously freaked out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!