View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Default Bathing behavior and toenails (separate questions)

I have Lolli her first bath, and when I got her out the tub and toweled her off and was about to sit down to brush her out, all the sudden shes rubbing herself all over the carpet and back and forth across the wall. She didn't seem to be 'itching', but I just figured it that she hated her hair being wet.

Is this the case or is this a symptom of something else?? Her skin wasn't red or anything at all until she rubbed on the carpet so I don't think it was a skin irritation. There were no bumps or anything.

Also, a separate unrelated question..

I don't know the proper name for the 'toe' on the back of the paw/lower leg, but she seems to have a claw that grows from it. I never really seen this in other dogs before, so is this just a common thing that some dogs get a claw and others don't? Also, the skin is so thin that holds the claw at first I thought it was just a loose claw that was matted into a bit of hair but it really is a claw. There is one on both back paws, I don't think there are any on the front. I was just wondering if anyone could give a bit of information on this and how I could clip a claw that is so wobbley and loose like that I'm afraid that trying to clip it will rip it off the skin.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!