View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Odi
Yorkie Yakker

Default Aggressive Play at Dog Park

Hello everyone...

So my dog gets crazy at the dog park. He is pretty well trained at home, sit stay, sit for food ect.

When we get to the park sometimes he just plays nicely and or chases ball...is calm...but it never fails that after a while, he will be playing with a dog, bigger or his same size and the play turns aggressive. He is biting at their necks, sometimes making them squeel and won't stop. I have tried various methods of time outs and all that...bringing plenty of treats....practicing at home by teaching him "ENOUGH", but he won't stop going after the dog after I put him in time out and tell him to "leave it"(meaning the dog). He is crazed when he gets this way....won't listen at all, sits and stays but eyes the dog the entire time waiting for me to let him go...so we just leave....

I would like to continue going but am at my wits end! He is great when walking NEVER EVER AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS DOGS OR PEOPLE.... I'm not sure how to stop his rough play and aggressive outbursts though!Any advice would be appreciated! Thannks!!!!
Odi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!