View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Love Command training (and stairs) for adult yorkie

Hello, Lolli and I are just getting acquainted with each other. I've had her for about 2 days now and she seems to be settling in just fine!

I do have a couple questions about training with her to learn commands, I have read and people have told me that adult dogs are a bit more fickle to train than say puppies.

Shes 7 years old and I don't believe she ever had known any commands before, I do know her previous owner did not teach her any. She responds to "Lolli come" about 65% of the time, but thats it. She doesn't know sit or stay, either. She seems to respond a good bit to 'No', though.

I'd just like to know if anyone might know some tips that are more adult-dog specific. I know about using treats and an annoying noise for distracting from excessive barking but that's about all I know. What do you do when you're training with her and she doesn't respond?

Also, is there any way to ease her mind of using stairs? She seems to get really confused and unsure. I've tried putting her up all the stairs with her paws but she still doesn't seem to want to try on her own. We haven't even begun going down the stairs yet, I've just been carrying her until she settles in here a bit more.
Lolli_lah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!