View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
sandysyorkie
Yorkie Talker

Default Trying to throw up but can't???

Has anyone ever had an issue with their puppy trying to throw up but only a couple of pieces (the size of a couple of green peas) came out? My 12 week old puppy did that last night at 3AM. By the time I got the light on she then spent about 8 minutes dry hacking … looked like she was either trying to throw up again or that she was having trouble breathing. She settled down again and went back to sleep. I watched her for the rest of the night. At 6:00, 6:20 and 8AM she made the same noise (but all times this was very quick, just once… the equivalent of one large breath).

Needless to say I was very worried. I have called the vet. He has not called me back yet.

I am treating her for both cocidia and giardia. Could this be a side effect from her meds or a part of her parasites? (She was diagnosed with both Cocidia and Giardia on Monday as part of a routine stool sample I brought the vet (I just got her and this was part of the health screening).) She has not had diarrhea and this was the first time she has thrown up.
sandysyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!