View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

my home town consists of 2 small towns with 8 miles in between them. (in one county) i lived in mocksville nc as a child and in advance nc since age 10. both of these small towns use the same high school so you can imagine how everyone knows everyone! and i really like that. ok, here goes..

1. we have restaurants that have been around for 40 yrs that have country cookin and barbeque.
2. we also now in the last 5 yrs have a mcdonalds, dairy queen, bojangles, taco bell, and a super walmart (walmart is brand new...i am talking it just opened about 2 weeks ago.) we have 3 steak houses on one end and a seafood restaurant on the other. (me and my family are seafood fanatics)
3. when i read the marriges, births, obits and court section of our newspaper, i can usually tell you who they are talking about.
4. we have a fun and trendy business for dogs and cats that is called "main street canines bakery and boutique" in our historical section of town.
5. we have a few new vet clinics, doctor's and hair salons. (have to love that!)
6. our area is full of friendly folks and most people know one another.
7. i met my first love here and my "only true love" here.
8. the town of mocksville has a very beautiful display of lights throughout the historical section every christmas.
9. there's always a yard sale around the corner!!!!
10. the only thing i don't like about my town now is that it's really starting to become over-developed and i fear it is going to ruin it's charm someday...
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!