View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
yorkienewb
Yorkie Yakker

Default Update on Bentley

Just wanted to give you guys an update on Bentley.
I ended up taking him to the emergency vet that night, they took some chest x-rays and found he had a slight case of pneumonia, which was good that it was caught early.
They hydrated him, gave him some meds and gave me a new prescription to give him. He seemed a lot more himself, then he had a little turn for the worse and stopped eating again but he seems to be doing better now. It appears he's coughing up all the phlegm and mucus that's in his lungs, so that's good right?
He seems to be doing alot better, I've been feeding him rice and chicken and he's nibbling but only eats hardcore like once a day. I think it's because he ended up having a lot of diarrhea in his cage one night (I had no idea because he made no noise at all, I checked on him one hour and he was fine and then about 2 hours later it was everywhere) and he may have a bad taste for pooing now, but his diarrhea seems to have passed.
Other than that, he's just been a perfect little man - he's sleeping on the couch right now and is very content. I'm just patiently waiting for this cold to pass.
Thanks for everyone's help and well wishes.
Bentley appreciates them greatly and so do I.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!