View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
DAWN01886
Yorkie Yakker

Cry advice on Pedialyte Help!!

Hi thanks in advance for the advice. Izzy went to the vet's today, poor lil guy..he's starving. But b/c he has had diarrhea and vomiting since Monday night, the vet's advice was to starve him for 36hrs. It's killing me cause he's only 4lbs. But the vet advised giving him Pedialyte as much as possible? I was so distraught, b/c I just spent the past two weeks with a loved one dying of cancer, now I can't remember how much Pedialyte? Anyone have any advice? he's a 4lb Yorkie that's 2yrs old. I am so overwhelmed b/c when I took him in today they told me his fever was so high and his little heart was slow. It's so odd though, cause hes been drinking water, looking for his dinner and a treat? He was playful until after the dr's b/c they had to do his anal sacs to get a fecal sample. Not fun...I've babbled but any advice would be great...and one more thing, any advice how to get him to drink it or take it? I've tried a syringe and he won't take it. I can't hold him down to give it to him either, I just can't do the two things at once? He's too squirmy. I just want to cry b/c I am so scared of losing another family member.
DAWN01886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!