View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canook View Post
Folks,

I feel absolutely awful. The little guy has to be confined for 2 weeks, and then another 6 after that with limited mobility. Cujo isnt fully crate trained (he loves his crate at night and when we're not around) and its horrible hearing him whimper all day. When I try and take the bugger out he wants to sprint around like a madman. The cone, the cast...makes me feel like crap.

Any ideas on how to keep him calm? Also the little guy doesn't seem to want to pee at all but hes eating and drinking fine. The other thing is, will he lose his spirit after being confined for 2 months? I think I fear that the most. I dont want my dog to be a quiet, shy little guy and I don't want him to hate me for doing this.

Here's a pic of the little guy. It's depressing.

[img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5535/cujo.th.jpg]

Cheers,
Joe
All I can say is--"be brave". we sent thru lp surgery and as much as we feel guilty about confining them, it is the best thing! You don't want him to injure himself or worse yet, not heal properly. did your surgeon give you any type of pain medication for Cujo? We gave it to Hot Rod for a couple of days but it did wind up upsetting his tummy. And trust me, the first week/2 weeks are the worst.

I know it is hard but please listen to your surgeon's instructions. It will more than worth it after all said and done! Click on the link in my signature and take a look at what I offer. I think it is a much better alternative than those awful plastic "thingys!" Hugs to you and Cujo! It will get better. Hugs
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!