View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

Default [News] Md. Family Searches for Missing Yorkie for Boy with Autism

CLINTON, Md. - A Maryland family hopes someone will hear their story about reach out to help. Their dog is missing, and it's not just any dog. He's the best of buddy of a boy with special needs.

The dog has been a friend and an inspiration. This Yorkie named Gummy has been missing for just five days, but it feels much longer to 12-year-old Andy Breneman.

Andy has autism. He named his dog Gummy after one of his favorite foods-- gummy bears. Andy didn't talk much before his family got Gummy a year ago.

"I have worked very hard with Andy to get him as far as he can. This animal has pushed him a little bit farther to - I like to call it - greatness," said Andy's mom, Valessa Breneman.

So you can imagine Breneman's heartbreak when her son's pet disappeared. It happened this past Thursday afternoon when a salesman knocked at the door of their Clinton home.

Breneman opened the first door. Gummy pushed open the screen door and ran across the lawn. Andy's mom says she saw a dark SUV pull up just a few doors down. She believes the passenger in that SUV scooped up the dog and took off.

"My heart has been breaking. You just don't know. I have been crying for days," said Breneman.

She's posted signs all over nearby streets. She's also contacted veterinarians and the police in case she's correct and Gummy was stolen.

Gummy isn't just "boy's best friend". He's also a lifeline. Breneman hopes she can soon welcome the dog home.

Autistic Boy, Family Search for Missing Yorkie Named Gummy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!