View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
LBH
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquared View Post
Figured out that it was a tick.

I was grossed out thinking that my yorkie might crawl into bed with me with that thing on him, I had him sleep in his travel bag zipped up.

I was planning on buying the tool needed to remove the tick later today after work, but to my surprise, this morning when I let him out of the bag to eat, I checked the area again and its gone?!?! I figured it must of had its fill and fallen off inside the bag. Not wanting to mess with with it this morning I zipped the bag back up and threw it outside (we had a really cold snap last night, so I hope it dies).

Meanwhile, I check my yorkie to see if perhaps it had moved. Nothing. (I pray its in the bag).

I did find the wound area though. It had blood and hard crusty blood over the remains of the wound. I ripped it out, which I think was the head. Any idea?

I've never dealt with anything like this before. Given that my yorkie hardly ever goes out the room, I think its strange he got a tick. It worries me since its my bed room, is there an army of them?

Do I need to get vet checked? Do I need to put him on antibiotics?
If there was a big wound that had dried blood, I would think it would be best to call your vet and ask if he needs antibiotics. And especially if you woke up and it was gone, so you're not really sure what happened. Moose has never had a tick either but with all of the rain in FL lately he has been having a really hard time with them. Better safe than sorry with ticks, they carry so much disease! I would give your vet and call and she can give you a plan of action.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!