View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #10
MntSnowBabies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Here is my story of breeding my little girl.

I bred her in August and was excited to finally know that she was pregnant. As the weeks went along I figured she was only carrying one pup (not uncommon, but a bigger risk for my momma). I had and x-ray done ($100) and it did only show one pup. Now we had the concern if the puppy's head was to big for my girl to have it naturally. Sure enough the puppy's head was too big, and the puppy ended up being breech (backwards butt first). Now she had to have an emercency c-section after hours at the clinic. The puppy was born dead, was brought back with cpr and lived for only three hours. My girl did fine through the whole thing, she was pretty sad about losing her puppy for a couple of weeks though. Now that vet bill was smaller than it really should have been ($1200 it should have been near $2000), because I was not charged for the work done to the puppy. I was also given a discount because the vet did not check her when we came in thus resulting in the puppy drowing longer than it should have.

Anyways, I'm not trying to scare you, but you need to be prepared for the scary situations if you want to breed. Breeding is a hard business (to a point), you have to have the heart for it, and you have to be able to risk losing both your girl and her possible pups. Breeding is not for the faint of heart. So my advice is if you can't stand the thought of lossing your little girl then don't breed her, because it will tear you up if you do and you lose her. She would also have a much better life with you as just a very pampered pet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!