View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

I'm not sure why you suspect kennel cough....Has the vet given this diagnosis?......I am very concerned that your pup has been without food and water for over 12 hours though. This is very serious....A pup going this long can have hypoglycemia. You really need to give him some form of sugar, whether it be Karo syrup, honey if he's listless, shivering, pale gums, can't stand, uncoordinated, etc. etc ...... Always have corn syrup available or maple syrup that can be absorbed quickly into the dogs bloodstream. Give one teaspoon of syrup to a small dog.....

The effect of syrup does not last long, but it works quickly to reverse a low blood sugar situation.
If your pet is unconscious rub the syrup on the gums and under the tongue and get him to the emergency vet ASAP for treatment or he could die. I don't mean to scare you but this can be serious.....

A pup should be eating every 3 hours or so......even if you have to hand feed some simmered chicken.....The foam could be from having an empty stomach, if it's bile........

Last edited by jp4m2; 10-26-2009 at 08:58 PM.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!