View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkienewb View Post
Ever since my baby boy arrived Friday it has been a whirlwind, he arrived with what turned out to be kennel cough but he was still running around, eating like a champ and acting perfectly normal, until tonight.
He ate perfectly fine at 10amish this morning, when I went to feed him again in the afternoon he wanted nothing to do with the food or water, I got slightly worried but I figured he was just more interested in napping at the moment because we had a serious play session previously, but he never went back to eat his food. He coughed up a whitish foam, twice and hasn't been his energetic playful self, and now more than 12 hours since he last ate or drank - he wants nothing to do with food.
I called my vet, he said it may be because of some irritation with the kennel cough, to give him some maylox(sp?), and try and get him to eat but that didn't work.
He is going to the vet tomorrow but I am just so worried about him.
I'm cheating on his crate training to let him sleep in the bed with me tonight so I can keep a better eye on him.
Has anyone ever seen anything like this, or had a similar experience? I dont know if this is the next step of kennel cough, or what because I've never experienced kennel cough.
Sounds like your little is having a low blood sugar episode. If you don't have nutrical, you can try giving pancake syrup or karo syrup or honey. Little ones blood sugar levels can drop quickly and they can get into trouble if not treated. Please do not let go that long without eating something. You should try and keep nutrical on hand for times like this. Good luck at the vets and keep us posted.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!