View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry Help My baby Boy Buster is fighting pneumonia

My puppy Buster is 16 weeks old and weighs 2lbs 9 oz. He came home with me on 9/26/09 and that night I noticed a cough. I took him to the vet the next day and he was diagnoed with kennel cough. I had him on Clavamox for 14 days and Torbutal but only when the coughs were bad so as not to supress him. He was playful and bright and sweet but still had the cough. Although not a wet food eater he nibbled at kibble but I kept up with the Nutrical 4x a day. On 10/3/09 he was diagnosed with parasites and had to take Albon and Pancur. Lots of meds for a little boy but he was putting on weight about an ounce a week. The cough just would not go away on 10/15 the vet recommended we try Amoxicillian for 10 days. With the stethescope one lung sounded clear the other a little congested. I had held back on his shots because he was fighting the cough but on 10/22/09 when he was 15 weeks 3 days old he got his DHP and Parovirus shots. He seemed fine but the next night I heard a raspy wheeze and his cough seemed worse. I took him back to the vet but to a different Dr because mine was not in. The new vet specializes in small animals so I thought ok. She said the lab work showed he was fighting pneumonia and wanted him to get IV antibotics. I just want to do what is best for him he's my little shadow my little boy. He went in last night around 4pm. I went to visit him today and he was so listless not my perky little boy. He was more lively when he was home. I just held him on my lap for the 2 hours I had to visit with him. He didn't really respond to me and I am scared because everyone comments on how attached he is to me after only a month. Is he getting the wrong treatment is something not right or is this how it goes. He is my first little dog but oh how I love him. The vet is a AAHA facility and the people seem nice but I am scared because he was no none respnsive. My vet won't be in until wednesday what should I do.

Last edited by Buster Brown; 10-26-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: information incorrect
Buster Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!