View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komutanon View Post
Earlier today my puppy Kimchee vomited out of nowhere. She was playing with her toys and suddenly started dry heaving. It looked as if she was choking and trying to throw something up. She finally threw up and it was clear liquid and her breakfast (rice and chicken).

She was taken to the vet by my girlfriend (I had to go to work). On the way there my girlfriend told me she was still dry heaving and then had foam on her mouth.

The vet kept her for a few hours to monitor her and did some x-rays. X-rays showed no obstruction but apparently a lot of gas. My girlfriend went back to the vet to pick up Kimchee and they gave her some medicine for the gas. They never gave her any clear instructions as to what to do if this keeps happening. They just gave her a list of ER vets since they close at 7pm. They told her Kimchee was all better.

Of course, when they get home my girlfriend calls me and tells me Kimchee is still dry heaving! She was also burping. So maybe it IS gas? Any other ideas of what this can be? Should I take her to the ER vet tonight if it doesn't stop?

Kimchee is 4 months old and weighs 3.5lbs. She's a Maltese-Yorkshire mix. She's been having diarrhea after we changed her food from Nutro to Canidae. Lately, we've been feeding her rice and boiled chicken along with probiotic that the vet gave us. Her pooh has been firm since.

I am sorry your baby isnt feeling well.. Can you call your vet to talk to the Dr or a tech that knows more information?...How is she doing right now?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!