View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Crating Later in Life?

Has anyone had Yorkies that were given run of the house and then gone to crating them? My dogs were all very well housetrained and then a serious of events seems to have made them ALL lose their minds. My DH passed and I know the dogs all grieve as we do -- that seemed to be when they started having accidents. My old gal (17 year old dachshund) just cannot help herself and goes where ever she may be. That has sent a signal to the rest that it is now okay to forget their training. Top that off with the fact I kept a male from last litter and now that has made my adult male start marking all over.

I do not want to ruin the grout in my ceramic floors. I am sick of my house smelling that is why I am ripping out perfectly good carpet (other than the pee stains), While they are tiling, I am keeping them all in the laundry room/bathroom and they are going crazy. They have lots of room in there but they want to be with me every second of the day. I would like to let them out only when I am with them and can watch for bad behavior and then crate them or keep them in the laundry room when I am gone. Has that ever worked for anyone after their dogs had free roam rights? Do they ever get used toit and stop the pitiful crying & barking? I don't know if I can take that. Poor things! That is why they never crate trained in the first place. I had no will when it came to hearing them cry. I may get aggravated at them, but I love every one of them.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!