View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
rubysmum
Yorkie Talker

Dog how to intergrate a puppy and an older dog

Hello. I have a 12 week old yorkie puppy called Ruby and a 3 1/2 year old called Lily. We have gradually introduced the two of them and make sure that they are alway supervised. Lily is a very timid dog-who is scared of other dogs and is very submissive. Ruby is a real live wire who i would say is a dominant dog. they seem to be pleased to see each other and their tails wag when they are together and when they are just wondering around there are no problems. Lily takes rubys chews and thinks it is great fun to run around in front of her showing off her new stolen items!! However Ruby just chases her and nips at her legs and her ears - I realise this is puppy behaviour but Lily is so laid back that she whimpers but does not put Ruby into her place. I dont want Lily to get hurt - so is there a way i can stop Ruby nipping at Lily? The other question I have is about diet. Ruby refuses to eat any of the dried kibble ( I have tried every brand and nothing doing!) so at the moment i am feeding her fresh chicken with vegetables, rice and pasta( not all at once!) and sometimes i give her a bit of cheese. I am worried she is not getting a balanced diet- does anyone have any other foods ideas i can try with her?
Thankyou in advance for your advice.
rubysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!