View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Question Kaji won't eat his kibble

I switched him from the food his breeder sent with him to Lotus dry kibble in chicken flavor, over a month ago and I did the switch slowly. At first he ate this up real quick, especially when it was Danger's food (roommate's pom that is on the same food but senior diet). For a few days now, he won't touch his kibble when I set it down. He'll eat sometimes when I'm away at work because all he has in his expen are his stuffed animals, which he uses as cushions, a bowl of water and his kibble. Sometimes he'll even do tricks for pieces of kibble. He is still really active and wants to play outside all the time.
I try to make his food interesting by adding fresh veggies to it. I know I would be tired of food if I had to eat the same thing everyday, twice a day. Every once in a while I'll add two baby carrots, chopped, or I'll add tomato, chopped apples, or if I have any some of the canned lotus food. I try making the addition as random as I can so he doesn't come to expect little extras in his kibble. I don't really like adding squishy food because of his teeth.
I also read through some old YT threads and many mentioned that their babies seem uninterested in their kibble and then go right back to eating their food.
Any tips to get him eating again? Or is this break from food simply a yorkie trait?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!