View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
Most soft coated puppies will have the dull look to them when parted, but the dull look can also be the effects of their food intake and what kind and all too.
When they are older and you are washing the soft coated yorkies, they do have the wave to their coats when blow drying them out. I have a pet with soft coated and he has this wave, when younger say 4-5 months (I think is when it started and I noticed it) and even now at 10 years of age. I know soft coated since we had so much of that in the olden days. I had silky too, but there just seemed to be more soft coated yorkies back in the 80s.

Also look at the heads. The ones that really look all pudgy and bear like with lots of hair on the face - tend to be soft coated when older.

Here are a couple of photos of my 10 year old neutered pet when he was about 6-8 months old. My son is trying to get him to stand right. So he does not look straight, but he has a good topline, really he does. But this is a soft coated yorkie. He looks a bit rough, had been playing ball in the backyard with my son.
I am also including one of when I was working as a vet tech. The one on the left is mine first yorkie (pet quality), but had a silkier coat and the one on the right is a friend's yorkie and is soft coated.
I have a puppy picture too somewhere of a soft coated when he was younger. I will have to look for it.
I have a soft coated one too. A girl that has wooly fuzzy bedroom slipper feet. It took her forever for her head to clear and when it did, it went to a one tone tan color.

Another thing to think about not all soft coated dogs are black....yep! you can have a dog that is the correct color of blue or even real light and it can be soft coated. Even the correct color of gold.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!