View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Here is a wonderful website to make you think about your decision. Yes, you can breed your little one but as many people have found out you could lose your girl and the puppies. If you are serious about breeding fix your little girl and then spend time researching everything you can. I am sure you don't want to be the reason your little girl died. It is not the same as breeding a large breed dog.

Breeding Your Dog

I want another dog just like mine!
If you want to breed your dog so as to get another dog like yours, think about this for a moment. No matter how special your dog is to you, a puppy out of it is not guaranteed to be just like or even similar to your dog -- half its genes will be from another dog! You will have to find another dog that also has the characteristics you want in your puppy; that dog will have to be unneutered; and the owner of that dog will have to be willing to breed her/his dog to yours. It is much easier, often less expensive, and certainly less time consuming to pick out an existing dog that you like from the shelter or another breeder. Best yet, go back to the same breeder of your dog, if possible, and pick another puppy out of similar lines.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!