View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
Shes way too young to be bred. You dont want to breed her at least untill her 2nd heat. You need to do alot of research and find a mentor to help you if you breed her. I have never bred dogs but My cat just had a litter of kittens and I lost all of them except 1. You could also lose the Mother dog are you prepared for that. It is also expensive to breed. I have spent over $200 in vet bills on my surving kitten and that wasnt for shots that she still needs. If your mother dog needs a Csection thats in the thousands. It is alot to consider

Agreed

Bitches will in no case be bred before their second heat or before they are at least eighteen (18) months of age, whichever comes first, nor be placed at risk by an unreasonable number of cesarean sections and then only with the concurrence of a veterinarian.

A breeder shall strive to conform to the Yorkshire Terrier Standard as approved by the American Kennel Club, to improve progeny, and to reduce faults to a minimum.

All stud dogs and bitches shall be screened prior to breeding for both infectious and hereditary diseases using the currently accepted and available techniques.

Breeding your girl because someone wants one of her puppies is not a good enough reason to put her life in jeaporady.

Last edited by Mardelin; 10-25-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!