View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thank you for all your responses! My boyfriend and I have taken everything into consideration and decided that we should just stick with Layla for now. After three months living in our condo, she has just started to calm down about people walking up and down the halls and opening doors. I think bringing another dog in would just reverse her training and encourage her to bark more. In a house, I would be okay with that for awhile, but in a condo it's my responsibility to make sure any pet is quiet... if there are complaints, I can get a 7 day notice to have my pet privileges revoked. I would be risking not only giving up a new dog, but Layla too, and I just couldn't live with that.

So we have decided that every night we are going to give Layla at least one consecutive hour of our 100% full undivided attention. We will play, train, take her for walks, just make sure she is staying stimulated. It gets too cold in the winter for much time outside, but a friend of mine is already organizing a doggy day at her house this weekend, and hopefully more will come if it's successful. I think it's a great idea for socializing our little dogs in the winter months!

Thanks again for all your information!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!