View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
Bippie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaBaby View Post
I just got off the phone with a dog trainer/behaviorist to try to get some advice. I'm trying to see how I can help Chelsea. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong or I could enroll in a class. She is quite timid and many times seems frightened. Sometimes she even stays away from me I am so saddened by this b/c i have really done everything I can to make her happy. My heart breaks when she doesn't come running over to me when i call her.
Well the trainer suggested that the breeder I got her from was either a backyard breeder or a puppy mill. She said Chelsea's problem was either genetic or poor upbringing from the breeder. I was really devastated. I never thought of it but now that I put all the little pieces of the puzzle together, i think it might be true. I bought 2 puppies from this breeder in Oklahoma (specialyorkies) and honestly she seemed great. She was very pleasant and they seemed to really care about the puppies. She answered all my questions and asked me a ton of questions as well. Once I got the puppies, she wasn't available. I think she might have answered one of my emails. Now she is nowhere to be found.
I know it doesn't really make a difference now, but I feel so betrayed and foolish! It might not be true but it's definitely questionable! To think I have referred her to a few of our clients!!
I know this thread is really old, but I still want to reach out to the original poster.

Back in Dec. '06 I bought a yorkie from the very same breeder that you did (specialyorkies in OK). I'm not sure when you bought yours, but anyway... I haven't had one issue with my girl. She is an amazing dog, as my girlfirend and I always say "she's the bestest".

I was totally comfortable with the breeder too, even though we needed our girl shipped to us since we are over 1,000 miles away. I talked to the lady (Misti) on the phone a few times prior to the purchase and totally agree that she was helpful and seemed legit. We love our pup so much that I would totally buy another from the same breeder, but the breeder seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. Perhaps we were sold a dog that was raised in "less than desirable" conditions, but she turned out great. I really don't know. It would kind of hurt a bit deep inside if that was the case, but I like to think it's not.

If anyone has any idea, I'd love to get an answer. I'd also love to hear an update on the original poster's fur baby.
Bippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!