Thread: Vet Bills
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
Love_Capone
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
I never understand... Why do people expect free or minimal charges for veterinary services? These are doctors, who have been through many years of school, usually have acrued thousands and thousands of dollars in student loans, have worked their butts off in internships and residencies and attend x-amount of continueing eduaction hours per year, yet they are supposed to operate on a shoe-string?

If you don't like the vet, leave and find one you like. $16 for an office visit is miniscule, and they just may have to save your precious baby's life someday. These fees pay office staff, vet techs and equipment costs. Of course that often triggers the "I can't pay for it" thread where people shame the vet for not working for free.

Yorkies are a high maintanence breed and require LOTS of $$ to maintain. But those big, brown eyes make it all worth it in the end!
I don't think people expect vets to work for free, but the costs do add up. I've been to the vet twice this month and spent $200 each time and will probably be going again soon. When it's unexpected its hard on your wallet. I don't think anybody is saying they charge too much, just that it can be very expensive.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!