View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
MikeJillMonty
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Night Bedroom Antics

Hi,

My wife and I have had Monty, a toy Yorkie for about 3 weeks now. He's a great, loveable dog. We're having a bit of a problem though regarding sleeping at night and we were wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Anyways, we got him "used", he's 8.5 years old. But hes generally well behaved. But what he does at night is, he needs to go out to the bathroom, if not, if we let him roam out of the room, or even sometimes in the room, he'll poop or pee. I generally let him out at night around 11PM. and He's good till about 5AM, but lately its been earlier and my wife thinks it's because she immediately gets dressed and lets him out. So we're wondering if he's taking advantage of this.
We plan on trying to completely ignoring him for a couple of nights and see what he does. If that doesn't work, we may bring him up on the bed with us. So far, since day one, we never let him up on the bed with us.

Also, he still goes in the house sometimes. We feel he does it when we don't pay enough attention to him. He goes out enough and we pay enough attention though. But he's an extremely needy and dependent dog. He always likes to be with someone.

So any suggestions, greatly appreciated. Thanks.
MikeJillMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!