View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
angeluv
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 wanting to get a yorkie

I have been wanting to get a yorkie for such a long time now, but I just haven't done it yet!

I have small-medium size dogs now, I am just wondering if a little yorkie would be ok with what I have now.

1 is a maltese, 1 is a peekapoo and 1 is a terrier mix

my maltese is the newest addition to the family he's 2yrs old now and super active, very playful and a little hyper sometimes, my other 2 are older dogs (11 & 15yrs old)

I'm hoping that sometime soon I'll be able to get one! If I get one that is tiny, would it be too small for my dogs? (my maltese and peek are around 10lbs and terrier is a little bigger)

I'm just worried about breeders I guess, I went to look at one when i got my maltese, but i really wasn't sure it was a full blooded yorkie, it didn't look like any i have seen (it was a really large yorkie) so it' just makes me kind of leery i guess.

how do you know if they are a full blooded yorkie and not mixed with something? how do you know to trust someone who may advertise in the newspaper or online? and also, are yorkies always over $1500? what if someone is selling them for $500? should i be worried?

i've been trying to read up on information but i never see those types of questions answered hehe.

any information would be helpful and appreciated

angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!