View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM   #8
sferrini
YT Addict

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Sorry to say, so many breeders lie about mommy or daddy's weight, and there are breeders who also think starving mama will produce tinier pups, and it can, but the pups will be unhealthy. I think any breeder that would rehome a pregnant mommy hasn't probably taken the best prenatal care of puppies. Some breeders lie and say an 8-week-old puppy is 12 weeks so that buyers will think they are getting a smaller dog. The Yorkie breed is a toy breed and on that count the breeder wasn't lying, but many yorkies are over the standard of 7 pounds and under, but they are all considered to be toys. I'm glad Miracle has found a safe home now, and I hope Rebel continues to thrive. It's great that you have found a vet you have confidence in, that is so important. Sorry if I sounded rough, we do have members who insist on limiting kibble so their "teacup" won't grow larger.

the folks I got Miracle from, were actually the handler's. Not the breeders. From what they tell me Miracle go out of the bathroom, yes that is where they kept her, and that is how she became pregnant. This was this little girls 5th litter and she just turned 4!!!!! sorry, I said "toy" but meant "teacup" and that is exactly what they played it off as being, I on the other hand did not care, I just wanted a yorkie. They actually had five that they were trying to "get rid of" (as they put it) or they were going to be put down. I don't think they were "abused" in the sense of being hurt, just not given the proper care of love, care and attention. Miracle seems and is so very happy with us. I also, think there was money issues, they knew she had allergies but would not get her allergy tested because it cost to much money. I am taking her next week for environmental and then the following month for food.

And no worries, you were not rough I should have explained that I was not going to limit food was just curious because they are small I don't want to cause them any health problems. I have a daschaund that is overweight and my vet told me he needs to lose about 2 lbs, so I have a habit of giving them TOO much food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!