View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Sugaroo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Horrible dental problems....LONG!

How many of you all have seen plack (sp) on your dogs teeth? Is this a disease or I need to brush longer or what. And what else can I do to prevent dental disease besides brushing?

I tell you all, I am just sick to my stomach...I never though about this but my eyes have been opened...opened wide to back yard breeders!!!! And they don't all live in rundown shacks either.

I been looking for a Maltese for a few weeks and a few days ago I heard of a person in another town selling out all his/her Maltese's so I went to look at them hoping to find a baby or even an adult to love.

Oh my yall...horrible....I said...oh? these are older than you said he said no ma'am, I said well look at their teeth, he said that is cause they are small dogs, small dogs teeth dirty up like that cause they have small mouths...so I looked at some his yorkies and they too were awful. I was looking for pale gums due to worms, not dental disease. All the dogs even as young as 8 months old had this green/brown/yellow hard, well it looked hard like plack build up on their teeth. Some he had took to the vet and had their teeth removed and their little tongues hung out the sides of their mouth....poor babies!

Silly me....I asked....don't you brush their teeth?...he said ma'am, I have 40 dogs. I never thought about it but I now wonder did my dogs come from toothless, tooth rotting dogs...I mean how could you brush the teeth of 40 dogs!!! So when i got home I took all three of my dogs outside to the picnick table and looked in their mouths and way in the back about mid way is the same stuff...not as much but still they got some started. I thought I was brushing them good. Is this disease or plack? Are my babies one day too gonna lose their teeth?

I am just sick for these dogs. You know 40 is just too many to care for really! And now that I see all this 3 is enough for me. The people were well dressed, drove a nice car and had a two story home...I just did not expect this. Not at all!

Now I am just worried about to do for mine!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!