View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
LuluMaye
Senior Yorkie Talker

When I first brought him to the vet, they thought he had pancreatitis. They did bloodwork and all his levels were way off and that's when they discovered it was his liver. They also did x-rays. They had him on a special diet, and lots of medications. He was diagnosed in October and died in Feb. He wasn't a candidate for surgery and the vet kept telling me he would be ok if I paid strict attention to his diet (which i did) I wish to this day I had gone to a different vet, but I had been going to this one for 8 yrs. and i trusted him. After seeing my poor baby suffer so much (my vet did not believe in euthenizing) In the middle of the nite poor baby was having trouble breathing and running a high temp. after going to emergency vet we made the decision to put him to sleep. It was the hardest thing my husband and I had to do, but we couldn't let him suffer anymore. He was my first yorkie and I still miss him terribly. After that I changed vets and found Yorkie Talk. Wish I had found this site when I was going through all of that.. Goodluck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!