View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Kirby
YT 500 Club Member

I am glad your puppy is doing okay. That must have been a scare. You might want to keep Nutrical on hand. It's a paste for puppies to eat. I gave Sydney a bit of it after breakfast everyday until she was well past 12 weeks.

Sydney also doesn't like the cold and damp. Living where I'm at, the winters are not kind. That's why I started right away on getting her wee wee pad trained. After 12 weeks, you don't have to do free feeding (but perhaps keep him on the Nutrical or at least free feed him until the vet says to stop). If you can control his eating, then you can control his 'go' time. I know Syd will poop when she first gets up and about a half an hour after breakfast. She will then poop after lunch and then again after dinner. Her final poop is usually around 9.

I get Syd up at 7 for potty. She then eats, plays for about a half hour, goes potty, and then back into her crate. I let her back out at noon for lunch, play, and potty. Back into the crate. At 5 I let her out for dinner, play, and potty. She then goes back into her crate. At 8 I let her out for water, play, and potty. The same at 11 p.m. While I don't fully trust her yet (she's four months) she does have more freedom now that she has proven that she will go to the pads on her own. If the weather is nice, I do take her outside. She won't have all her shots until tomorrow.

Please let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Sonya
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!