Thread: Feeding
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

with his size then free feeding is best. leave it down all day long but really try to encourage him to eat at certain times. sit down with him in the morning, afternoon, and evening and try to get him to eat a good portion of the food so that you can expect a good poop shortly afterwards.

he's still really young and doesn't understand that the pad is the place to go. he uses it in his crate because its convenient. if he's out of his pen for a majority of the day then you need to confine him more often. puppies will have to potty after playing so if you have him out and are playing with him for a good 20 minutes or so, place him back in teh pen and expect him to have to pee soon. you want to check him before he feels the need to go so every 30 minutes maybe place him in his pen to see if he has to go. i'm not really sure what else to tell you. i brought my puppy home at 13 weeks and she was 0.8 kilos. she never had a hypo problem. i fed her 3 times a day and took her outside to potty. plus she was on a strict crate/ex-pen/playtime routine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!