Thread: Satan's Puppy!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
DaisyMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Well, if she is biting your fingers while you are typing then you just need to put her onto the floor and hand her a toy to play with instead. If she is biting you while you are trying to sleep then she needs to be put down and crated or into her own doggy bed.
Ha ha. You have satan's puppy and I am the proud owner of 'vicious!' Daisy is 18 weeks old and will mouth during those times when she has the zoomies. My daughter and I have long hair, which she loves to attack! We say 'don't pull my tail!'

I do exactly as megansmomma suggested; take away the attention when the behavior isn't desirable. Boom, down on the floor with a firm 'no.' Redirect with something positive, like a chew toy. (Daisy likes rubbery ones with a bit of give when she bites down on them.)

Oh, and Daisy is also big on sass! She will 'leave it' when asked, but she will bark to let you know she is not happy!

Different dogs need different things, so maybe Sookie isn't ready to sleep on the bed just yet.

I am actually pretty proud that Daisy has such a spunky personality; she combines it with so much cuddling and affection, I am confident that this too shall pass.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!