View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
tryingcake
Yorkie Yakker

Default Weight chart question

I have no problem finding the weight chart of how much my puppy should weigh full grown. She is what I would call a "full size" yorkie - which I know doesn't exist - but I wanted to make sure I did not get a "smaller version" - so I told breeders I was looking for a Yorkie that gets to full size 7+ pounds.

So that being said... we've had her about 2 weeks. She was born 7/4/2009. When we adopted her on 10/3, she weighed just under 4 pounds. I weighed her last night on my very accurate digital kitchen scale - it only goes up to 5 pounds - she errored it - so she now weighs over 5. Is this OK? I can't find anything giving me a growth chart based on current age. I feed her according to the guidelines on the dogfood... which I'm thinking of changing to homemade food. So, in theory, she is not overeating.

She has her next vet appt on 10/28. That's a long time to wait if I am overfeeding her. She doesn't seem fat - but it's hard to tell under all that curly hair.

I know a 100% accurate growth chart is next to impossible since all Yorkies are different. Based on the chart and her weight at 12 weeks, I can expect her to be 8 pounds full grown. Ok, sounds good - but what about today? Is over 1 pound growth at her age normal? Is it normal to spurt like this?

Last edited by tryingcake; 10-19-2009 at 08:17 AM.
tryingcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!